Fw: Hammer felt separation

Wed, 3 Mar 2004 13:00:09 -0000

Hello List and Issac
This hammer felt separation seems rather more common on English pians. I =
have often come across it. To the extent of purchasing from F&N (my =
supply house) some of those thin "T" shaped split pin Hammer Felt =
Staples. I use first drill through the felt and core, put a liberal =
dollop of PVA in there and insert the new staple. Then I bind the whole =
jolly hammer up with masking tape. Thisa isa, of course, a =
temporary/longterm answer ona elCheapo brands. Butter it works!
Signed
Michael G (UK)