Digital piano ET vs. Tunelab Pocket

Alan tune4u@earthlink.net
Tue, 2 Mar 2004 19:29:45 -0600

Heyhowcome you measured offsets from D4 instead of A4 or even (flame &
radiation suit on) C4 for the Braid-White crowd?

Alan R. Barnard
Salem, MO

-----Original Message-----
From: Piannaman@aol.com [mailto:Piannaman@aol.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 02, 2004 9:34 AM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Digital piano ET vs. Tunelab Pocket

Hi All,

I got curious last night at a late hour and decided to test my Kawai MP
9000 digital piano's "concert grand" equal temperament vs. the program
file of a Kawai RX-2(5 ' 10").   I think the digital's sounds were
sampled from an EX concert grand, so the test is undoubedly skewed a
bit.

The offsets were as follows:

A 4/    +.4
G# 4/   -1.0
G 4/     -1.1
F# 4/    -1.1
f 4/       -0.7
E 4/      +0.1
D#4/     +0.7
D 4/      0
C# 4/    +0.4
C 4/     +1.7
b 3/      +.9
A# 3/   +2.4
A3/     +1.3
g#3/    +2.0
g3/      +0.5
f#3/     +1.5
f3/       +1.2

I don't know what this explains, other than why the key of B flat sounds
so sweet....:-)
Just a curiousity.

Can't wait to have room for my REAL piano.

Dave STahl

---