Digital piano ET vs. Tunelab Pocket

Gary Teters garylteters@prodigy.net
Tue, 2 Mar 2004 07:42:11 -0800

Dave, could you take samples and generate a tuning file and see how it
matches up through out the scale?
Gary Teters
  -----Original Message-----
  From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org]On
Behalf Of Piannaman@aol.com
  Sent: Tuesday, March 02, 2004 7:34 AM
  To: pianotech@ptg.org
  Subject: Digital piano ET vs. Tunelab Pocket

  Hi All,

  I got curious last night at a late hour and decided to test my Kawai MP
9000 digital piano's "concert grand" equal temperament vs. the program file
of a Kawai RX-2(5 ' 10").   I think the digital's sounds were sampled from
an EX concert grand, so the test is undoubedly skewed a bit.

  The offsets were as follows:

  A 4/    +.4
  G# 4/   -1.0
  G 4/     -1.1
  F# 4/    -1.1
  f 4/       -0.7
  E 4/      +0.1
  D#4/     +0.7
  D 4/      0
  C# 4/    +0.4
  C 4/     +1.7
  b 3/      +.9
  A# 3/   +2.4
  A3/     +1.3
  g#3/    +2.0
  g3/      +0.5
  f#3/     +1.5
  f3/       +1.2

  I don't know what this explains, other than why the key of B flat sounds
so sweet....:-)
  Just a curiousity.

  Can't wait to have room for my REAL piano.

  Dave STahl