Steinway Style 2 (Modified by Kent Swafford)

Mon, 01 Mar 2004 01:08:48 +0100

John Hartman wrote:

> Richard Brekne wrote:
>
> The whole thing bends down and forward in the middle. It is hard to see
> without winding sticks. As I recall most of the bending and twisting
> goes away when the string tension is removed. The pinblock and yoke are
> glued together and are really one assembly. I have other photos that
> show the plate but they have not been scanned. The plate ends at the
> rebate in the front. In the first photo you can see the screw holes that
> are under the string rest .

Thanks once again John. You do supply at the same time here a potential
solution to Kents dilema... lessen the tension of the strings and relax
the stress on the block. Might be worth a shot.

I'd like to see a couple shots of the plate to see how it fits up
against the block tho if thats possible.

Turned out to be an interesting thread Kent !  Thanks folks

RicB