Complete Regulation for the Grand Piano

Wed, 30 Jun 2004 07:35:35 -0700

I don't flat rate regulation because it really depends on what it needs.
The time can vary widely.  On an action rebuild with replacing the front
and balance rail pins, bushings, balance rail felt , underkey felt,
backchecks, wippens, front rail cloth, capstans, the regulation can take up
a lot of time and with new felt you should allow some time for play in or a
follow up should be scheduled to address new felt compression.  If many of
those items are not being replaced, the time can be considerably less.  You
have to judge each job separately.

David Love
davidlovepianos@earthlink.net