Complete Regulation for the Grand Piano

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Wed, 30 Jun 2004 00:04:05 EDT

In a message dated 6/29/2004 7:47:59 PM Pacific Standard Time,
anrebe@zianet.com writes:

'd like  those who do a complete grand regulation from time to time to
Share how  much time they budget for the regulation part alone.  I'd like to
keep repair & rebuild  separate.

Thanks
Andrew

      Andrew
   The answers will always vary from person to person & job  to job depending
on several factors. Quickly one variable is installing new  parts. In this
case everything you do from the time the parts are screwed on to  roughing in
new rep springs adds to the amount of times around the entire reg  procedure. I
know that it takes 60 to 80 hr. to replace & regulate, voice  & dial in the
typical Steinway, Mason ,Baldwin etc.action when everything is  replaced &
thoroughly regulated. The hours will vary depending on how much
customizing,stanwoodizing, releading & futzing one does. In this case where  does it start & end
is hard to track.
  Not the answer you wanted I know. Most existing action in good
regulate-able shape can be significantly improved in 10 to 20 hrs, again  depending on
the Murphy factor ,age ,condition etc.
  So how long does it take . I dunno?
   Dale

Erwins Pianos  Restorations
4721 Parker Rd.
Modesto, Ca 95357
209-577-8397
Rebuilt  Steinway , Mason &Hamlin  Sales
www.Erwinspiano.com