Danish oil finish?

David Renaud drjazzca@yahoo.ca
Sun, 27 Jun 2004 17:34:49 -0400 (EDT)

As a piano technician I have never charged for
refinishing, but have had occasion tp finish a few of
my own grands for resale. Tried laqure once, toxic
stuff. Tried varnish a few times, takes lots of coats.

  My question concerns Danish oil, tung oil and the
like.

  I currently have a mahogany baby Hientzmn grand
that is stripped and now stained;looking very good as
is, but now requires finish coat(s). Ive used danish
oil on a few things items around the house & they look
good. Does anyone have an opinion on doing this to a
piano. Advantages are it is one step, easy,
natural wood, and easily uniform. On the other hand
perhaps it really needs to be sealed up with something
more substantial. And there may be other factors here
I am not thinking of.

   Thinking about it, any objections will be take
seriously.

                            David Renaud
                            Canada