Soundboard Cleaning (SWIFTER PADS) DEFENSE

RON MAY, RPT ronmay_rpt@bellsouth.net
Sat, 26 Jun 2004 06:39:13 -0700

IN DEFENSE OF THE SWIFTER PADS.

I just pulled my wife's (correction our) box of wet sifters to check
ingredients. All it says is that it contains no phosphate. I does go on to
advertise that it is great for "Virtually all floors including WOOD" and
advises that the dry Swifter be used prior to the wet. There is a number to
call for more information which I will do Monday out of curiosity and will
let you know. If used with a little bit of care, the Swifter pad (both wet
and dry) lays flat on the soundboard surface and is easily moved over the
soundboard with no contact with the strings. The dry Swifter does attract
and pick up almost all the dust. I don't know how dirty the soundboards are
that you all are cleaning but usually the boards I get into cleaning are so
dirty that they are way past being damaged with a little silicone. Swifter
sure beats the bucket and a bunch of rags and the air compressor scares me
to death.. When you find some old clunker that you can't hurt----

"TRY IT YOU'LL LIKE IT".

Ron May