Google search "piano tuner"

Mark Davidson mark.davidson@mindspring.com
Sun, 20 Jun 2004 10:26:55 -0400

It is worth also looking at the www.ptg.org page
to see what's there. Think about if from a
potential customer's point of view.

The words "piano tuner" do not appear.

Nor do the words "tune," "tuner" or "repair".

At least the word "piano" is there.

Now if you want to "find a registered technician"
you're in business. But is that what someone is
going to search for when they're looking for a
piano tuner?  Some might, but not most.
If I search for "piano technician Raleigh"
I get a handful of the local people, but I know
there are a lot more.

Now granted, this page is primarily for the
benefit of the PTG's own members, but still it
could do better at marketing RPTs, even
if that's only a secondary goal.

As for sending PTG's lawyers after this
guy, well, there's this little problem
called the First Amendment.  Far better
to add things to PTG's page that will cause
it to show up under all the likely searches
that people will use.

-Mark