Expanding YC action bracket symptoms??

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Fri, 18 Jun 2004 11:41:35 EDT

In a message dated 6/18/04 8:28:12 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
jonpage@comcast.net writes:

> ction Spread: Pre-1991 - 112.5 mm,  post '91 - 113.5 mm
>
> The hammers will continue to develop blocking symptoms as the bracket
> expand but do not show signs of cracks.
>
> Hopefully for the customer, it's still within the warranty period.

Thanks Jon.  I'll check it out.  Do you know what year they changed the
composition of the metal?

As far as warranty, that's an unfortunate circumstance--Weber has been out of
business for a couple of years, though I believe they were honoring
warranties up to a point.  I'll look into it, but I don't hold out much hope.
Fortunately, the customers are not of the impoverished variety.  I'd expect to see a
Steinway or Mason in their house rather than a Korean instrument.  I may see if
I can get them to upgrade.

Dave Stahl