Petrof keyslip

Dean May deanmay@pianorebuilders.com
Thu, 17 Jun 2004 04:34:18 -0500

>>No having to go thru the hassle of pulling the whole key frame =
assembly and shimming. Should be doable in 5 minutes, assuming as I =
said, the key slip will flex with a little force. Bet it will.
=20
Doable in five minutes? You sound like an eternal optimist. ;-)
=20
How many techs would normally carry the right sized drywall screws or a =
right angle drill, or a shop vac to clean up the shavings, or a grinder =
to blunt the end of the screw. Now most of us have those tools, but I =
doubt very many carry them around all the time.=20
=20
On the other hand, most all of us carry a screwdriver and shims, which =
makes the 30 minute job a little more practical. I wonder if you=92d =
have to pull the whole key frame. I=92d probably stick a screwdriver =
down in there, bend the slip out, and jam a shim in; 3 minutes 45 =
seconds, tops.
Dean
=20
Dean May             cell 812.239.3359