Shanks parallel to strings

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Wed, 16 Jun 2004 22:52:51 EDT

In a message dated 6/16/2004 5:48:08 PM Pacific Standard Time,
mark.davidson@mindspring.com writes:
Funny you should mention that.  The piano I am
working on with the too-long bore distance has
drop screws all the way up (already posted about
that) but I just figured out that it's also causing the
hammers to be way too far off the rest cushions
(Steinway - so there's no rail to adjust).

-Mark
 Mark
 Maybe I'm being disllechic but don't you mean to short of bore? This would
account for the shanks sitting high off the rests as well as the drop screws
being run up
   Dale

Erwins Pianos Restorations
4721 Parker Rd.