Petrof keyslip

Cliff Lesher lesher@jdweb.com
Wed, 16 Jun 2004 21:24:56 -0400

Avery,

We can't remove the keyslip.  It's on there to stay in the Petrof 115 model
studios.  I'll bet the piano in question is a 115, (newest models now calle=
116s, I believe).  Since key interference with the keyslip is the problem,
and since moving the keyslip is not an option, it's a simple matter to nudg=
the keys rearward just a hair by shimming the keyframe away from the
keyslip.  This is what my procedure describes.

For the meticulous in the crowd, yes this might add a few grains of down
weight because of the capstan movement.  If this is unacceptable to you, by
all means, gather your planers, chisels, sanders and polyester repair kit
and reduce the thickness of the keyslip.

If, on the other hand, you want an effective, 20-minute repair, shim back
the keyframe.

Respectfully,

Cliff Lesher, RPT
Winfield, PA   =20

From: Avery Todd <avery@ev1.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 17:39:36 -0500
To: Pianotech <pianotech@ptg.org>
Subject: Re: Petrof keyslip

Cliff,=20

I don't understand this. I "thought" we were talking about removing the
key slip. Weren't we? :-)

Avery=20

At 11:32 AM 6/16/04, you wrote:
Jerry,

I just did this less than a week ago.  It worked beautifully without
affecting anything else.

1.  Remove case parts.
2.  Remove keys
3.  Loosen keyframe screws (8)
4.  Place shims (I used business card slivers) between keyframe and keyslip=
.
5.  With the shims in place, tighten keyframe screws.
6.  Replace keys and case parts.

Time required:  20 to 30 minutes.

Cliff Lesher, RPT
Winfield, PA