Piano Business Management Software

Tompiano@aol.com Tompiano@aol.com
Thu, 10 Jun 2004 07:45:16 EDT

IMHO So-so.  The problem being, is all authors right programs with specific
things in mind and plan accordingly. PTBiz, which is by far, the best of the
bunch, is very friendly in many areas. I used it for close to 10 yrs. But due to
 several  situations, it was best for me start all over with a different game
plan. I don't want to go into specifics, but lets say I had a major falling
out with PTBiz on basic principles.
I'm one of the proponents out there which believes the PDA synched with a
home desktop computer is probably the most efficient way to manage a small
business. The fact that one can have the essential database in their pocket and
access valuable information at all times is a plus. PTBiz is not set up to sync
with a PDA so (in my book) that's a big strike against it. But that's the way I
do my business.
That being said, one has to look for ready made programs (MS Access, T&C,
Goldmine,etc) with enough flexibility to accommodate our needs. So far, I think
Time & Chaos has everyone hands down.
It's a very flexible, easy to use program with features galore.  The company
is a treat to work. Very seldom can you find a software company which actually
has techs who know and understand the program completely. From that point of
view, T&C has the advantage over all programs I have tried. And according to
our Pianotech/computer guru, Jim Harvey, the program is literally bulletproof.
Tom Servinsky