jack springs in drop action (Modified by J Patrick Draine)

Thomas Cole tcole@cruzio.com
Sun, 06 Jun 2004 00:56:07 -0700

Joe,

I'd say you're trying to read more into the situation than is there. I
really think Jim meant that 6 is the magic number indicating that an
entire set needs to be replaced.

Excerpt from Jim Harvey's post in the archives:

* Harvey's "Rule of Six" - if six or more of anything is broken (elbows,
strings, hammers, et al), it qualifies as a set. Client has two options,
authorize the work or not.

* You will not be able to tune the piano without breaking more 'bows,
unless you have practice NO settling blow. Even then I've seen some -- make
that many...