U1 hammer butt problem

Pianotunaguy@aol.com Pianotunaguy@aol.com
Fri, 4 Jun 2004 09:00:02 EDT

In a message dated 6/3/04 8:08:28 PM, john@formsmapiano.com writes:

> Did you check for excess friction in the troublesome=A0flanges?
>=20

No.   I will, though.   Good idea.   I think this is it.   It's possible tha=
t=20
the pins that came with the flanges were too tight on some of the hammer=20
butts, and were OK on others.   I just assumed they would be the right size=20=
and=20
didn't check how many swings I get.   This would explain why this happened a=
ll=20
of a sudden as it did, and on certain hammers but not others.

Thanks, John (or whoever you are).   I won't get a chance to work on it till=
=20
next week, but I'll let you know if this was the problem.  =20

PeeTeeGee

P.S.

You need a better nickname.=20