Flexible Keys-was Today's annoyance.....

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Thu, 3 Jun 2004 20:05:49 -0700

TP (Toilet Paper?<G>)(Just Kidding!)
A while back I completely re-did a Teflon S&S, "D", action. The keys were
VERY poorly made and were also very flexible! Yikes! (said I to myself) What
to do. Since I have the luxury of having Rick Wheeler in the same area, I
called him and had him make me a set of key buttons out of hardwood. I asked
for 2" longer than what was originally there, ( 1" longer front and 1"
longer back). What a difference! The piano is now back to making Performing
Artists happy. With the aid of (a slightly modified) a Jaras Key Button Jig,
this was very easy and straight forward. I strongly suggest you try it.
Best Regards
JG  <G>(hint hint)
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)
Captain, Tool Police