A Genuine Upright Grand

John Formsma john@formsmapiano.com
Wed, 2 Jun 2004 21:04:55 -0500

I looked at a similarly massive Henry F. Miller upright from around that
era. It needs everything - if anyone's interested, the owner would probably
like to be rid of it.

John Formsma
  -----Original Message-----
  From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org]On
Behalf Of Cy Shuster
  Sent: Wednesday, June 02, 2004 8:46 PM
  To: Pianotech
  Subject: Re: A Genuine Upright Grand

  That's cool!  We had an 1890 Steinway upright in the shop that looked like
that: massive laminated rim on the soundboard.  On closer inspection, it was
just a cutoff bar; it didn't go all the way around.  It was on the opposite
side from your picture: on the top of the treble side.

  --Cy Shuster--
  Bluefield, WV