VJ Lube

Avery Todd avery@ev1.net
Wed, 02 Jun 2004 19:47:30 -0500

Hi Rogerio,

Here's Newton's recipe!

You are trying to make VJ Lube. So named after VIctor Jackson, deceased, who
invented the stuff, and it works great!

In a double boiler or egg poacher, or whatever, melt Vaseline and mix in
unscented talcum powder until the mixture is semi pasty then mix in some
lanolin, about 1/4 the amount of Vaseline then mix in more Talc until the
mixture is a thick paste.

Transfer to a film can, or some such, and allow to cool.

Use this mixture on pedals, felt to wood, felt to metal, metal to metal,
wood to metal. Not suited from action work.

The stuff works better than most commercial types.

Newton