P12 in Tunelab Pro

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Wed, 2 Jun 2004 08:53:07 EDT

Ric,

Can't say as I learned one precisely. I got some advice from a mentor on this
list, used much of it, and it seems to work.  But I was curious where "it"
originated(not realizing many different theories were being tossed about...:-).
I jumped into this discussion a little late, and have since backtracked and
read most of the posts.  So I'm guilty of not actually having followed the
first part of the thread.

My method--and I blame nobody else-- 5ths and 12s as close to perfect as
possible without making the octaves unlistenable, particularly in the treble from
g5 up..  I do it by ear, as in the end, it is judged by ears.  Don't know
where it originated, but I am curious...

I will try a P12 tuning and see how it differs.  I think what we're all after
is a really an open, expansive sound.  I don't know how else to describe it.
There seem to be many ways to achieve this.

Dave Stahl