Damper Chirp..

Richard Snelson rsnelson0984@mchsi.com
Tue, 1 Jun 2004 15:53:21 -0500

The piano is a four year old Boston GP-178 grand. It has what I think is a
damper chirp when playing down scale,
A5 then G5. I think it's coming from the G5 damper. Chirp comes after the G5
is played. Doesn't occur when G5 is played by itself, or when going up
scale. A5 has to be just played for it to occur. Watching the damper action
I can't see that G5 is slow. I've tried a bit of Protek on the damper wire
and bushing, with no change, chirp is still there. I'm thinking G5 damper is
not coming down solid on all three strings? Wanted to get your help before
bending the damper head or replacing damper material.
Rich Snelson
Oliver Piano