Hammer technique for 7' grands

Paul McCloud pmc033@earthlink.net
Tue, 1 Jun 2004 08:17:21 -0700

Hi, Sherry:
	You're not alone!  I find a lot of pianos have a similar characteristic.
Sometimes the wire gets a flat spot where it goes through an agraffe or
under the V bar, and it doesn't move/slide easily.  Or the hard understring
felt in front of the tuning  pins is compressed very hard by the strings.
Same problem.  I usually try to put some protek on this felt along the
strings.  It seems to help.  Just be careful not to get it on the tuning
pins!  Also, you can push  down on the speaking length to make the string
move along.  Not much fun!  Anyway, good luck.
	Best,
	Paul McCloud
	San Diego