Tuning for violinists

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Sat, 31 Jul 2004 10:03:50 EDT

List,

I've gotten some good responses to my post.  Tom, you are right about testing
one's abilities with picky customers.  I've found that to be more satisfying
in the long run.

Phil, spending the extra time was absolutely necessary.  I spent about 2 1/2
hours there.

Though I know it will be the same at each appointment, I hope he ends up
being satisfied with my work and calls me back to tune (and do some key easing and
regulation) again.  It IS a challenge, and there is definitely professional
pride(read EGO) on the line here.

Thanks to all who have replied so far.  Great food for thought to go with my
Peet's coffee this morning.

Dave S.  In a message dated 7/30/04 11:58:50 PM Pacific Daylight Time,