Hamamatsu Museum of Instruments

Fri, 30 Jul 2004 13:15:44 +0200

Well, like I said its probably old stuff for many of you. Seemed to be
really pronounced tho in this piano, and I cant say I've noticed it
before... at least not this much. The width of the contact area varied
quite a bit... even more then the picture shows, and the width of the
front vs back notched area varied even more... tapering down to a very
short length in the low treble and very high diskant.

So whats the reasoning behind these two things ?

I have a couple B's at the conservatory, one Hamburg and one NY.  I
guess I'll go have a look this afternoon and compare.

Cheers
RicB