"hurdy gurdy"

A440A@aol.com A440A@aol.com
Thu, 29 Jul 2004 22:06:06 EDT

<< I have a customer who has what he calls a hurdy gurdy. A quick Google
search of that term reveals something completely different, so allow me
to attempt a description, and hope for some enlightenment/direction
from y'all.
The thing has a strung back like a "birdcage" or "cottage piano", and
has a large cylinder which, when cranked, drives leather covered
hammers, producing a cacophonous din. >>

That aint no Hurdy gurdy, (I play them and have two). What he has is a barrel
piano and it is worth maybe $700 if it is mounted on wheels.  $400 if not.
Good luck.

Ed Foote RPT