RMI Electric piano

romano@sccoast.net romano@sccoast.net
Tue, 27 Jul 2004 20:11:59 GMT

Hi List,

I have been away from this list for some time now as I have been travelling
extensively in Europe during the spring/early summer. I look forward to
returning to some normalcy this fall and look forward to reading and
contributing to this list whenever possible.

I am currently in New York City working in the studio with a wonderful
artist on his next CD which will feature the piano prominently but will
also have some electronic elements included. He has a thought for a certain
sound he would like to achieve which from his description could only be
attained with an old RMI 330B electric piano (the artist mentioned the kind
of sound that Sun Ra used to get on some of his recordings).

Would anyone have a line on where to find one of these? Ideally we would
like to rent one but I might consider buying it if the price was right. I
can tell you this, they're rare!

Thanks in advance,

Phil Romano
Myrtle Beach,
SC

This message was sent using SCCoast.net's SCCourier E-mail Service.
http://www.sccoast.net