Odd Agraffe Size

Jeannie Grassi jcgrassi@earthlink.net
Tue, 27 Jul 2004 09:36:52 -0700

Terry,
The Fandrich & Sons vertical which is made by Klima in the Czech Rep.
has a blue plate and looks pretty slick.  Of course, he calls it his
Blue Plate Special.!

jeannie

Jeannie Grassi, RPT
Associate Editor, Piano Technicians Journal
mailto:jcgrassi@earthlink.net

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On
Behalf Of Farrell
Sent: Tuesday, July 27, 2004 8:52 AM
To: Pianotech
Subject: Re: Odd Agraffe Size

Entire set, yes. Sounds like you might have a good suggestion for just
milling down a 1/4" shank to the correct size - the threads are indeed
the same. However, your point about a process getting old fast is well
taken. I think as a first step I will evaluate reconditioning the
originals - they've been well protected with a heavy coat of gold paint
- and see how they come out.

And now, for something completely different......

Any comments on the concept of a candy-apple-red plate with brass
appointments - maybe on an ebony grand?

Terry Farrell