Vise Grips voicing is not a vice

Tue, 27 Jul 2004 01:05:33 +0200

Well David... then we are bound to see things differently here. When
good hammers get this banged up they are usually also so worn that they
are not worth much anyways, and so David Loves <<last resort>>
definition fits fine. I rather tell customers that its time to change
hammers.  As for brand new Yamahas... or even 2-3 year old ones.... I
have not seen even one case of these needing anything like this kind of
treatment, and we live in a dry climate, and I deal with several C6's
and C7's that are under heavy use. Knowing a bit about the Yamaha
factory voicing proceedure tells me that a good working knowledge of
traditional needling techniques is all that is needed and is not
physically difficult at all. I cant speak for Kawai or Young Chang as we
dont get many of them. But I do stand by my position that good quality
hammers simply do not need up-mushing techniques to get them usable.
Course everyones got their own experience to be sure. :)

Cheers
RicB