feasable voicing tool modification??

ryan sowers pianorye@yahoo.com
Mon, 26 Jul 2004 12:11:47 -0700 (PDT)

I don't understand why you feel this technique to be
more "damaging" than needling. I'm not talking cheapo
hammers here, I'm talking about Abels and Renners.

What I learned from Wally and Darrell is that this
technique is part of their standard prevoicing that
they do prior to fine-voicing.

I started experimenting with it a few years ago and
feel it is an important voicing technique. Its not a
substitute for needles, but likewise it accomplishes
things that needles don't

It is possible to damage hammers with any voicing
technique.

--- Richard Brekne <Richard.Brekne@grieg.uib.no>

=====