soft pedal on new Kawaiii

Jenneetah yardbird@vermontel.net
Mon, 26 Jul 2004 14:22:00 -0400

At 11:53 PM -0400 7/25/04, Alpha88x@aol.com wrote:
>  When I "spill the beans" they may decide to return the piano to the
>dealer in order to get something better, if they tell the dealer
>that I told them this una corde stuff, the dealer may not like me so
>much for telling all, and may not hire me again for his 'first free
>tuning' on his piano sales.

The worst that can be said is that they didn't know the difference
between a soft pedal and a una corda, or that what really attenuates
the volume is not cutting the blow in half but dropping a strip of
muffler felt in front of the strings. I gather you didn't either.
There was a time when each of us on the list didn't.

In this situation, the dealer will be happy to trade them up to a
grand, if a U.C. is what they need (and not a muffler rail). And
don't worry, he'll find a way to thank you for starting this
profitable trade-up in motion.