feasable voicing tool modification??

ryan sowers pianorye@yahoo.com
Mon, 26 Jul 2004 11:10:16 -0700 (PDT)

I disagree that this technique is a last resort. Wally
Brooks, in a presentation on voicing newly installed
Abel hammers recommended this technique. Also Darrell
Fandrich has also recommended this technique on newly
installed Abel or Renner hammers.

I think of it as "deep tissue massage" for hammers.

--- David Love <davidlovepianos@earthlink.net> wrote:
> You squeeze them because you can't get a needle in
> there to save your life.  It's a last resort
> technique.   Squeezing the shoulders in the 10:30
> and 1:30 region creates that cushion effect that you
> normal try to achieve with needles.  You can file
> the face of the grips flat so that you don't leave
> little textured markings on the side of the hammers,
> though you will still leave a little rectangular
> imprint.  It's difficult to hide all the evidence.
>
> David Love
> davidlovepianos@earthlink.net

=====
Ryan Sowers, RPT  Puget Sound Chapter