Repetition Lever Height

Gordon Holley gwholley@hi-techhousing.com
Mon, 26 Jul 2004 12:25:35 -0500

List.  In regulating a grand with all new wippens, hammers and shanks, =
I'm having a problem with determining
the correct dimension between the top of the jack and the top of the =
repetition lever, in setting the repetition lever height.

On the back page of the March 2004 Journal, the Yamaha, Little Red =
Schoolhouse, Step 18 of regulation, says that there should be
0.2 mm between the top of the jack and the top of the repetition lever.  =
And yes, I've read all of the other info provided, but I'm surely not
that great at a tactile sensation with a finger to determine 0.2 mm. =20

And I don't know how to measure the 0.2mm with a gauge in the lever =
window.  I read some place that this thickness is about the same
as a business card, but that doesn't help.

Does anyone have a better, step-by-step procedure to follow to set the =
lever height?

Many thanks in advance

Gordon Holley
Associate Member