soft pedal on new Kawaii

D.L. Bullock dlbullock@att.net
Mon, 26 Jul 2004 10:14:40 -0500

The hammer should be at half of its normal strike distance when the pedal is
raised.  Normal strike distance is usually 1-7/8" which means the hammer
should be 15/16" from the strings when the pedal is down.  You may find that
the felt under or above the pedal itself may be too thick not allowing it to
raise the hammers that much.  If so then remove it and replace it with some
thinner felt.  Don't worry about it becoming noisy with a thinner felt.
That pedal is not used all that much by most pianists, previous posts
notwithstanding.  It is also not often slammed down but caressed down by
most artists.

Another possibility:
To achieve that shortened strike distance, you may also have to shave some
off the stop felt found above the hammer rail felt.  This is often a block
or blocks of very solid hammer felt trimmings.  This could have drifted down
shortening the travel while the glue was wet.

D.L. Bullock    St. Louis
www.thepianoworld.com

Put the worlds greatest healer to work for WHATEVER health problem you may
have----YOUR OWN IMMUNE SYSTEM.  Your body is capable of healing EVERY
disease if you give it the right fuel.  Visit
http://www.mannapages.com/dlbullock to learn how to get the right fuel.
Also www.glycoscience.org

To begin your turnkey, automated home-based business visit
http://www.powerprofitteam.com/dlbullock  Financial freedom can be yours.