Mason & Hamlin AA scale

Bec and John bjsilva001@comcast.net
Tue, 20 Jul 2004 23:39:17 -0400

Hi Terry (and Dean),

I think with these issues we need to tread humbly, that's the key. I=20
personally am not convinced that piano design is anymore unnecessarily=20=

stagnant than, say, flute design (random choice to make a point, I know=20=

nothing about flute design), but I don't want to let that get in the=20
way of being open to possible improvements. The opposing viewpoint=20
should have the same tone.

I do question whether certain changes in piano design would result in=20
rejection from the public. One that comes to mind is the bflat break=20
I've read Del and Ron O. complaining about.  Most people won't notice=20
on their own, and I think Steinway is respectable enough to survive any=20=

initial criticism.

I feel compelled to write of my own absurdly limited thought on the=20
bflat break on the bass bridge. I have the L and I like the sound. It's=20=

quite a smooth transition from the bass to the treble, more so than=20
even a Baldwin SD10, SF10 and Steinway B, all of which don't break on=20
the bflat. Of course it could just be my piano in particular :)

- John

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: text/enriched