concert on call fee

Joe Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Tue, 20 Jul 2004 07:49:02 -0700

Richard asked: "I have a new client (performing arts center) with a =
classical artist comming in that wants me on call at the center for 6-8 =
hrs. What is the usual fee for something like this not counting tuning =
,voicing, regulating?"

Richard,
Your Hourly Rate! If you are not out tuning other peoples pianos, then =
you are not making money. You need to be duly compensated. If your "new =
client" wishes you to do this sort of thing, then you need a "Contract" =
that spells out everything.
Best Regards,
Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain, Tool Police