You never learn

Dave Nereson davner@kaosol.net
Sat, 17 Jul 2004 20:47:27 -0600

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Ilvedson" <ilvey@sbcglobal.net>
To: <Pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Saturday, July 17, 2004 12:46 PM
Subject: You never learn

 >> . . . . I explained I had been there an hour and she was going to have
to pay me something for my time...She balked and I packed up and stomped
out.<<

>>Got a call later to say how he would have never have called me if he knew
he had to pay for my time, yada, yada.   <<   --Brian Lawson

    Some people's kids!  I had a similar thing yesterday.  Lady called up
saying she wanted to sell her piano and could I come look at it and tell her
what it was worth.  I said, yes, and quoted my usual fee for estimates and
appraisals, and she replied with, "$$ just to look at it, huh?"   And I
replied, "Well, it's a half-hour drive from here, and a half-hour back, and
it takes about a half-hour or more to check the soundboard for cracks, take
things apart to look over the action and keys, etc.-- it's going to be at
least an hour and a half of my time. . . "   Well, we set an appointment.  I
got there about 5 minutes late because the street was a bit obscure and hard
to find and it was raining cats & dogs, nay, cows & horses!  Nobody home.  I
waited for a half hour and she never showed.  Some techs would leave a bill
for a failed appointment, but I know she'd never pay it.  You just take your
lumps, I guess.
     -- David Nereson, RPT