SURFACING Hammers....Should be Wurzen Felt

antares antares@euronet.nl
Fri, 16 Jul 2004 18:32:03 +0200

On 16-jul-04, at 3:57, Joe Garrett wrote:

> Andre said: "European hammers are harder. This has to do with=20
> different approaches
> in tone building.
> These differences are actually not important...."
> =A0
> Andre,
> IMO, European hammers are harder because the piano=20
> design/construction/scale(s) differ profoundly, from what American=20
> pianos have/do. It is definately "Important" to all, IMO!<G> Ya gots=20=

> to know what you're dealing with, in order to make the proper choices=20=

> in Re-What-Evering.<G>
> Best Regards,
> Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
> Captain, Tool Police
> Squares R I

Well, what I actually meant is this :

With the introduction of superior felt combined with the experience of=20=

hammer makers who know what is required of a good hammer, we now have=20
several options : Renner uses 90% of Wurzen and sells the same to Ray=20
Negron.
Both hammer makers are chosen by those who really understand what a=20
piano tone is about and I dare say that especially now, with the AA=20
Wurzen quality, we approach the high quality hammers of the early=20
1900's.

The ones who 'know' choose their 'weapon of choice' and that is=20
something I choose not to discuss, because it is a strictly personal=20
matter, based on personal piano upbringing and experience.

friendly greetings
from
Andr=E9 Oorebeek

Amsterdam -