SURFACING Hammers

antares antares@euronet.nl
Fri, 16 Jul 2004 00:04:39 +0200

On 15-jul-04, at 5:27, Joe Garrett wrote:

> Andre said: "I am sorry that even after all my attempts there are=20
> still pianotech=3D20
> folks who haven't got 'the message'.
> For years I have described the development of the so called Wurzen=20
> felt..."
> =A0
> Andre,
>  Yes, I've been paying attention to the comments about Wurzen Felt. In=20=

> Fact, the next job, I'll be getting a set of same, from Ronsen! I know=20=

> I've commented on this before, so.....who's not paying attention,=20
> now?<G>
>  Also, my general comment(s) were in regard to N.Y. Steinway, having=20=

> crappy hammers, that I won't use....NOT Hamburg(ers<G>.
> Best Regards,
> Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
> Captain, Tool Police
> Squares R I

Hi Joe,

I should have added (of course) that Ronson now also uses the AA=20
quality Wurzen.
That's is one of the reasons why American true hammer lovers like his=20
hammers so much.
Although I am not really familiar with Ray's hammers, I am sure he=20
makes the best American hammers at this moment.
Again, the difference between American and European hammers is that the=20=

European hammers are harder. This has to do with different approaches=20
in tone building.
These differences are actually not important. What counts, is that we=20
now have hammers that resemble the old hammers of the early 1900's and=20=

it has to do with the refinement of the felt.

friendly greetings
from
Andr=E9 Oorebeek

Amsterdam -