The Lost Aliquot

lgulli2586 lgulli2586@rogers.com
Tue, 13 Jul 2004 23:05:34 -0400

why not send the brass ones in for knickle plating same as old iron =
pedals
Rich
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Joe Garrett=20
  To: pianotech=20
  Sent: Tuesday, July 13, 2004 9:29 PM
  Subject: Re: The Lost Aliquot

  Dale,
  I could send this private, but I decided to show my error to all! :-( =
I do have the triangle shaped aliquots...however, the darned things are =
brass, not Nickle plated. :-( Their dimensions are just a bit bigger =
than you gave, so, with a bit of judicious filing/grinding, they'll fit =
the mechanical criteria, but not the cosmetic! Darn! However, in the =
same parts bin, I have some 1/2 oval ones that are exactly the dimension =
you need AND, they are nickle plated, (albeit a bit dirty). So, these =
will fit the cosmetic, (somewhat) and the mechanical criteria.....just a =
different shape. Double Darn. I'll send you a few of each and hopefully =
you'll be able to "make do". I apologize for getting your hopes up =
prematurely. (I hope you're out of the dog house tho.<G> BTW, I had a =
similar situation years ago. A few years ago, while really cleaning my =
"play pen", I found it! Sheesh! (After I already made one, had it =
plated,etc.!)
  I chalk this up to "old-timers disease" and a major Brain Fart!
  Regards,
  Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
  Captain, Tool Police
  Squares R I