Another reason to use mineral spirits to wet sand lacquer....

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Sun, 11 Jul 2004 16:52:02 -0700 (PDT)

Soapy water gums up the sandpaper very quickly if the
lacquer is not solidly cured. With mineral spirits I
have found that I only have to wait a  few days before
rubbing out. With water it was weeks
( or months )!
     On this last job I used naptha. Even better
because it evaporates quickly and has no oily residue.
I also think that, for this reason, it does not
interfere with the friction cutting of the abrasive,
while providing a nbice thin medium to flush out the
sand-off. Worked very quickly!
     Thump

P.S. Always use a gas mask and gloves. Breathing fumes
can make you do dumb things which cost money!