Lock tite- wood epoxy

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Sat, 10 Jul 2004 20:31:09 EDT

List
  Ever now & then we require a small amount of quick  drying epoxy for small
jobs, such as reinforcing screw holes or filling a piece  of a bridge patch
that was inadvertently lifted off during notching. (Yes, it  happens) This brand
dries quickly & is approx color of maple, which is  nice.
  Also I often find the small screw holes in the  music desk of Steinways to
be woefully insufficient for doing its job of holding  the thing together,
especially in cases where much use ,age & abuse is/has  occured. Keith Roberts
devised a repair in our shop which fills the holes with  the epoxy and leaves
just the tip of a tooth pickin the hole  to help  keep the swabbed mixture in
place. He then sprays the screws with a mold  release, Mclube, & inserts the
screws as the epoxy get s about half hard.  With the mold release the screws will
easily back out if needed & the repair  is really strong.
       Dale