cold hide glue shelf life

Dave Nereson davner@kaosol.net
Tue, 6 Jul 2004 06:15:29 -0600

    Tried to glue hammer shanks with cold hide glue (Franklin) last night
and the stuff just would not set up.  Three hours later and I could still
pull the shank out of the butt as tho' it had no glue at all!  It's a bottle
I've had for a while, but probably not more than a year or so.  Worked fine
a couple weeks ago.  It gets warm and cool in the shop, but not really hot
or cold.  Does the stuff have a short shelf life?  The cap's been on the
whole time.  Other bottles I've had never did this.  -- David Nereson, RPT