Complete Regulation for the Grand Piano

Mark Davidson mark.davidson@mindspring.com
Mon, 5 Jul 2004 09:05:25 -0400

>> Dealers don't inform the customers because they know they can
>> get away with not doing this work most of the time and pocket
>> the cash.  Period.  If they informed the customer, then the customer
>> would rightly expect them to either fix it or discount it.
>>
>> -Mark
>
>That's why it's best to work for an honest dealer; anybody who's really
>doing the business with honesty and excellence will have the pianos on
their
>floor prepared well; it's a no-brainer for expensive pianos: you just tune
>them, and the reaction is usually positive, yet muted; you prepare them
>properly, with focus, and the reaction can be overwhelming.  The better the
>player, the more overwhelming the reaction to a well-prepared piano.
>

>Daivd Andersen

Nobody here seems to disagree.  Still some dealers just don't "get it".
I have even been to a dealer and asked - do you have any of these that
are prepped I could try.  The answer was "no, because every time we
prep one it sells right away."  Go figure.

I understand someone has to pay.  If the factory does it, they pay,
if the dealer does it he pays, and if the buyer does it he pays. But
1) it has to be cheaper to do as much as possible in the factory rather
than in the field, and 2) I don't see how a company can put its
reputation into peril by leaving it up to the dealers, who at best will
be inconsistent, and at worst simply don't do the work.

-Mark