Center Pin Extractor

Dave Nereson davner@kaosol.net
Sat, 3 Jul 2004 02:31:50 -0600

----- Original Message -----
From: "Geo Bartlett" <gbart@thezone.net>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Friday, July 02, 2004 8:19 PM
Subject: Center Pin Extractor

     There are several types of centers pin extractors and inserters on the
market.
I am looking for one that is relatively cheap and can get the job done with
little effort.
Does anyone have any comments on different types of extractors  they might
have tried over the years and found worthwhile buying.
George

    Yes, the Schaff #5501 on p. 50 is good for in the field or in the shop.
I've never bothered to get a bench-mounted device, but I'm sure it would
work fine.  Never tried the pliers type -- don't need it since I have the
other tool.  Besides, I don't think the pliers type can be used for pushing
the new pins in.
    --David Nereson, RPT