Gulbranson Console & Knabe Grand Qs

pbmosley mosley@classicnet.net
Fri, 2 Jul 2004 20:44:11 -0500

I have had good luck just driving the pins out.  The pin will pop and =
drop pitch as soon as you tap it.  Just tap it up and CA the pin, no =
need to take it out.  I have tried to take low bass strings out, =
especially if old and corroded, the beckett will not make it, and it is =
hard to create another beckett on a coiled string, in the low bass.  =
There is generally not much room to work.  Tap it a couple of times and =
CA it and be done. =20

Phil Mosley