Center Pin Extractor

David M. Porritt dporritt@mail.smu.edu
Fri, 2 Jul 2004 17:51:36 -0500

Schaff has kind of a bench mounted device that is not too=
 expensive.  I have 2 of them mounted on a block of wood that I=
 clamp to the bench when I'm centerpinning.  One is for=
 extracting the pin, and the other for pushing it back in.  It's=
 not the most precise machining I've ever seen, but it works=
 fine.

dave

David M. Porritt, RPT
Meadows School of the Arts
Southern Methodist University
Dallas, TX 75275

From: Geo Bartlett <gbart@thezone.net>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Subject: Center Pin Extractor

     There are several types of centers pin extractors and=
 inserters on the market.
I am looking for one that is relatively cheap and can get the job=
 done with little effort.
Does anyone have any comments on different types of extractors =
 they might have tried over the years and found worthwhile=
 buying.
George