July Journal cover

Jenneetah yardbird@vermontel.net
Thu, 1 Jul 2004 22:37:53 -0400

At 4:25 PM -0500 7/1/04, Richard Snelson wrote:
>Now would someone tell me the relationship to
>the art and work we do? Sorry I didn't care for it.

Abut as much as the pumpkin pie with the two entwined pie-crust
tuning forks on the October cover, or the temperament strip threaded
in the shape of a valentine for the February cover. The crowning
touch is the mignon damper spoon swaddled in its own little nappie.

The home office probably showed Ms. Woodman John and Chris Hartman's
run of PTJ covers, and said this is what you're replacing. No sweat,
she said, I was doing stuff like that at Hallmark Cards every week,
right before I quit.

At 7:34 PM -0500 6/27/04, Keith McGavern wrote:
>whoever you are, Nancy Woodman of FoxBrier Studio

This is the best Google could do.
http://www.bainbridgelodging.com/inns/32.html is actually up in Susan
Kline's neck of the woods (or maybe Jeannie Grassi's). But this Ms.
Woodman's line and water-color art
http://www.sqmoon.com/artist_pages/woodman.html doesn't suggest at
all the standard commercial photography on the July PTJ Cover. It's
surprising that as polished a graphic artist as is the real Ms.
Woodman wouldn't have her own web site. I'm betting she's local to KC.