No downbearing ? REVISITED

Sat, 31 Jan 2004 12:58:11 +0100

Farrell wrote:

> "Do Bechsteins have a down bearing? Do they have a crowned rib or a
> flat rib?"
> I have a Bechstein in my shop with prominent "S"-shaped ribs!
>
> Terry Farrell

Does anyone know of a modern grand or upright that has <<no bearing >>
purposely designed into it ?

btw... the S shaped rib syndrome usually accompanies a piano used
profrilactiarlly during the 1920's in the more populous areas of the
North American Continent.  Boogie woogie you know...... Proof positive
that  piano structure definantly reacts to vibratal stimuli.

RicB