Voicing tool

Jeannie Grassi jcgrassi@earthlink.net
Fri, 30 Jan 2004 08:45:24 -0800

List,
My favorite voicing tool is one that I got from Pianotech a few years
ago.  It has a threaded collar which, when turned raises and lowers the
needles to whatever length desired.  Very handy.  However, I can't seem
to find an Allen wrench that works with it....don't know what happened
to the one I had originally......  Pianotek no longer sells this nifty
tool because of lack of availability.  They had no recommendation for a
wrench other than my local hardware store.  I've tried all available
with no luck.  Anyone else using this tool who can tell me the size of
the wrench they use?  Thanks much,
jeannie

Jeannie Grassi, RPT
Associate Editor, Piano Technicians Journal
mailto:jcgrassi@earthlink.net