Mathusheck Square Grand

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Tue, 27 Jan 2004 21:22:47 -0800

Tom queried: "Without starting a discussion of the uselessness of square
grands in general,
is a Matushek considered one of the better examples of this genre? "

Tom Sivak

Tom,
The very finest, in regard to as balanced a scale as is possible with
rectangular box. Until I saw one of these, I didn't truly understand why Del
considers Mathusheck the Main Dude of Piano Design. Mathuscheck was
WWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY ahead of everyone in the concept of what constitutes
a PIANO! The Mathuscheck square is a bitch to mute and tune because of all
the darned different levels of bridges/stings. But once you're done, sit and
play it and you tell me.<G>
Best Regards,
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)
Captain, Tool Police